Coronavirus – Church Status
Psalm 91:1-2 'Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”'
We continue to monitor the development of the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak carefully on a daily basis. To assist with this the Elders and Trustees are following guidance issued by Public Health England and our local Environmental Health officers. Our guidance and policy will be regularly reviewed.
Message from Senior Pastor Gareth Lloyd-Jones
To the Wallingford Church family
I am sure that it will come as no surprise to hear that the Elders and Trustees are following Government guidelines and have cancelled Sunday services, centre based youth and children's work, along with Life Groups for the foreseeable future.
The Bible clearly teaches that the church is not a service, a building, nor a particular stream or denomination, but is the 'people of God'. Therefore, although we face many days and weeks of uncertainty, we remain certain of this. That our sovereign God wants to use us for his glory and to make known his grace.
Please appreciate that this is a fast changing situation and therefore our plans must remain flexible. However, as it stands:
• The Sunday Service - There will be a short live service using Zoom and Facebook on each Sunday morning. More details on the livestream service page. There will be no physical church service gathering at the Ridgeway Church Centre.
• The Fountain - remains closed.
• Updates via email - The church congregation will be kept updated with regular updates via the Google Group (with Chris communicating with the Didcot congregation separately).
• Updates via the website - We will communicate with the 'wider world' via this church website.
• Telephone contact - We will seek to communicate with those not on Google Group via telephone.
• In need - Please do let me know if you have any needs or for whatever reason are self-isolating and we will seek to support you in whatever way we can.
If you live in the Wallingford area and have contracted Coronavirus or are having to self-isolate and have no local family or support networks, please do contact the church office if you need help. Although our means are limited we would love to support you by providing food or supplies.
Every blessing and speak soon.
Yours still rejoicing in the hope of the Glory of God!
Gareth Lloyd-Jones (Senior Pastor)